[Question #251805]: write_graphite plugin: send to localhost:2004 (tcp) failed with status -1 (Broken pipe)

How do I get pickle data into graphite?  I have non-pickle data going to port 2003 and showing up with no issues.  I have carbon listening (can connect via telnet) on port 2004.  I have firewall open.  I am having issues...

This is my collectd.conf to send port 2004 to graphite (the port 2003 works):

<Plugin "write_graphite">
       <Carbon>
               Host "localhost"
               Port "2003"
               Prefix "collectd."
               #Postfix ""
               #Protocol "udp"
               EscapeCharacter "_"
               SeparateInstances true
               StoreRates false
               AlwaysAppendDS false
       </Carbon>
       <Carbon>
               Host "localhost"
               Port "2004"
               Prefix "collectd.pickle."
               #Postfix ""
               #Protocol "udp"
               EscapeCharacter "_"
               SeparateInstances true
               StoreRates false
               AlwaysAppendDS false
       </Carbon>
</Plugin>

I am not even sure how to test sending a message to pickle to see where my issue lies.

Please fix my stupidity!  I can provide any information needed to get to the bottom of this.