[Question #253020]: Feeding graphite (whisper) with old metrics

Hi,

 I want to use graphite to store users bandwidth utilization near real time and storing larger periods using sum aggregation.
 As I have all the historic data from 6 months ago I want to feed graphite with it, so I can show the history to the users. But it's no working as I expected.

 I've made some scripts to feed graphite with all that old data minute-by-minute, like what will be done with live data and I expected that data would be inserted on whisper files and the aggregation would happen automatically, and I end up with the sum of user's used bandwidth on configured retention.

 After some tests (with whisper-create.py, whisper-update.sh, whisper-dump.py and whisper-fetch.py) looks like whisper only consider filling data starting on Archive0 if the timestamp of sent metric is between .wsp file creation_time+Archive 0 retention, is that right ? Is there a way of force whisper to accept the first timestamp sent as beginning time of my  timeseries ?

Regards,
Alexandre