Re: [Question #242717]: carbon-relay won't relay metrics to carbon-caches

Duncan Smith posted a new comment:
Hi Magnus,

Did you solve this problem? I have the same issue. It looks like the
local carbon cache doesn't send metrics though configured relays,
therefore its information is written directly to its own listening port
thereby ignoring the relay. Ideally, it would be good if you could
configure the carbon cache to send its metrics through the relay.

My setup is 1 x relay and 1 x cache on each machine. Each machine's
relay is configured to sent to itself (its local carbon cache) + one
other "master" machine. However, the master machine doesn't receive
carbon metrics, thererfore, it's hard to report on metrics from each
agent.