Re: performance and compatibility: collectd vs. Sensu client

I think your question is better off asked among the Sensu community.
Graphite will obviously support any non-subsecond finite resolution you
want. I would certainly favor an architecture where the metrics
collected by Sensu are stored in Graphite, so your trending data matches
the data that Sensu would've alerted on.

Scaling Graphite is orthogonal to your primary question, imho. Graphite
cares only about the number of metrics you throw at it (and how quickly
it can write to disk).

Jason