[Question #254049]: Need to provide per user authentication to the graphite metrics

Hi,

I have an apache 2.4 installed in my system. Enabled graphite web app in the local host. I am able to collect JSON data from a URL. I am using collectd for collecting the data. Enabled plugin cURL-JSON to receive JSON data from the URL. I am able to watch the graphs for the JSON data collected from different URLs. I am able to find different folders in the navigation panel of the graphite browser for the data collected from different URLs. Now I want to provide authentication for each folder. What can I do to achieve my requirement. I am explaining the required output for me with an example in the next paragraph. Please follow and give me a suggestion to fulfil my requirement.

I am explaining the required output by taking the example of an email server. In the email server, whenever we enter the URL in the address bar, the web site asks for the username and password. After entering the proper username and password it shows the mails of respective user. In the same way when I enter into the graphite browser, I should be asked for username and password. After entering the proper username and password I should be able to view the graph for the JSON data from the respective URL. This is the required output for me. Please show me a solution.