3D visualization

Semi-offtopic:

Any ideas how to do 3D visualization of data, even if it's not strictly within a Graphite GUI?

I want to do the distribution of values for one parameter - how many times each value occurs for a given sample. This would be a 2D graph. Then I want to repeat it periodically, let's say every 1 hour, and plot the result as a 3D surface, with the 3rd axis being time. The surface will show the evolution of distribution in time.

I want to view the result in a browser.

If I could find nothing better, I guess I could use Gnuplot:

http://lowrank.net/gnuplot/plot3d2-e.html#6.6

But it would be nice to be able to grab the 3D graph with the mouse, rotate it, zoom in, etc - assuming a reasonably modern browser. Some kind of WebGL visualizer, or the like.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/