[Question #254964]: Graphite data display delay

I'm sending 4 metrics every minute from another server to the server hosting graphite. I've set up graphite & grafana and am able to see the data in grafana. However, I notice that there's about a 3-4 minute delay from the time I sent the metric to the time I see it in Grafana. (I've tried sending it in plain text as well as using pickle, same delay)

I'm using graphite and Grafana for a real-time display and is setting Grafana to auto-refresh every 10s. It's a bit unusual to have this 3-min delay. I doubt if the network is causing that much delay. Is there anyway to look into why this delay is so high?

Thank you