Re: [Question #260936]: Running multiple carbon caches and rabbitmq

Description changed to:
Hi guys,

I want to run monitoring stack based on collectd+carbon+rabbitmq however
I have few questions.

I will be pulling quite a lot of metrics about 500hosts to monitor with
interval of 1 minute (some important metrics will be collected more
often, not less than 10secs) so I assume about 200k metrics/minute. Do I
need multiple carbon caches to handle this amount of traffic? Or a
single carbon cache should be enough?

Second question is about RabbitMQ. By default carbon creates exclusive
queues - I want to use rabbit for zero downtime - when server with
carbon will die rabbitmq will be collecting the metrics. But when carbon
disconnects, the exclusive queue dissapears. Why by defualt carbon
creates exclusive queue? I can possibly change the code of the amqp
section in carbon .py files but is it a good idea?

There were also performance problems with txamqp plugin in earlier
version of carbon, are those problems still occuring? And is the pickle
protocol still best option for scalability?