Re: querying multiple backends at once, as if they were a single instance

Hi Florin,

That's exactly what Graphite is designed to do. You can run a single
Graphite "frontend" that reads from all of the "backend" Graphite
instances. You'll want to set the CLUSTER_SERVERS in local_settings.py
on the frontend server.

There's some good information online:
http://bitprophet.org/blog/2013/03/07/graphite/
https://grey-boundary.io/the-architecture-of-clustering-graphite/

I'm also going to be covering Graphite scalability at depth in Chapter
10 of my book, but that specific content is still a ways out.
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920035794.do

Jason