Re: [Question #267910]: alternate backend storage

bhardy posted a new comment:
I have been specifically waiting for influxDB because it holds alot of
promise but it has yet to mature.  I had version 8.x installed and  I
had the graphite webapp reading from it but there are numerous changes
in version 9.x.  I think it will be a leader when a prod version is
released.

There are also the concerns of having the graphite webapp read from the
alternate backend since many use a tag/label and values.  The functions
on the graphite webapp still seem to be unparalleled.

I know this post is a loaded question but I figure I would at least be humored.  The link below seems to match my concern.
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Graphite/Scaling

The time-series database space will be awesome in a year but what do we do now.
http://prometheus.io/
OpenTSDB
influxDB