[Question #268783]: Graph constantly scaling with 1 min auto-refresh

I would like to create some real-time graphs of local CPU stats.  I have graphite-carbon 0.9.12-3 and graphite-web 0.9.12+debian-3 installed with collectd 5.4.0-3ubuntu2.  I'm using collectd to collect local linux stats (disk, cpu, memory, network) at 1 second interval and graphite is set to store at 1 second interval.   I've set "var interval = 1;" in composer_widgets.js.

When I set the graph to auto-refresh the past 1 min the graph rescales every second (as expected per the var interval setting above), but unfortunately it shifts the y axis forward and back 10 seconds each interval; hiding and then showing the latest intervals. I would expect the graph to render smoothly and not shift backwards in time 10 seconds, then jump forward every other second.