Re: [Question #268783]: Graph constantly scaling with 1 min auto-refresh

Eric Becker gave more information on the question:
Yes, retention configuration:

[carbon]
pattern = ^collectd*
retentions = 1:1d, 1m:7d, 5m:30d

And one of the whisper files:

maxRetention: 2592000
xFilesFactor: 0.5
aggregationMethod: average
fileSize: 1261492

Archive 0
retention: 86400
secondsPerPoint: 1
points: 86400
size: 1036800
offset: 52

Archive 1
retention: 604800
secondsPerPoint: 60
points: 10080
size: 120960
offset: 1036852

Archive 2
retention: 2592000
secondsPerPoint: 300
points: 8640
size: 103680
offset: 1157812

I do have grafana running and with the lowest settings (5 min ago refresh every 5s) the graphs look fine.  If I set the same on graphite, I still get the same issue.  Another odd thing I noticed is that if I delete the whisper files it takes much longer for graphite to recognize they're gone and for ~10 seconds the graphs rotate between showing no data, the old data, and the new data.   I must be missing something with the rendering settings related to caching.