Re: [Question #272367]: Using Seyren/Graphite to Monitor Cluster

RafaelRP posted a new comment:
Hi Jason, I'm looking to monitor a cluster that runs a business critical
service. As a first step, I decided to setup some very basic alerts for
each machine, such as cpu utilization (across all cores).  My thoughts
were that setting an alert if the average System CPU usage is above a
certain threshold(~90%) would warrant taking a look at the workload and
take some action (e.g. adding more resources).

What's wrong with alerting on the average?

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.