[Question #280505]: Is it possible to freeze whisper database

Hi

I use graphite-web/carbon-cache to store streaming statistics (number of concurrent viewers, bytes transferred) for a live streaming setup. Most of these setups are only up for some days and will not produce any new data after that. So to keep the whisper databases small i would like to configure a short retention on high precision (lets say a week at 15s precision) but still being able to watch the data in full precission quite a bit longer (at least a year).

Is this in anyway possible with graphite-web/carbon-cache?
If not do you know any other tools which might work better with my requirements (i use grafana for visualization and grahpite/carbon-cache as a backend)

I already tried to keep carbon-cache from updating my whisper databases by removing write privileges to it. This basically works but graphite-web still aggregates the data before giving it out to grafana.

Thanks in advance

regards
 christian

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.