[Question #280538]: Using multiple Caron relay consumers on a single AMQP exchange

I'm trying to scale my carbon AMQP ingestion layer by having multiple carbon realys consume metrics from a single AMQP exchange, did anyone got such a configuration working?

Can this be done with "topic" type exchange?  RabbitMQ docs suggests that a single message can be routed to multiple queue/consumers(?)  which is not desirable in my config.
This is also what I see in the RabbitMQ GUI when sending a single metric.

I tried to "patch" Graphite(lib/carbon/amqp_listener.py ) to use "direct" type exchange but that didn't work at all - the message was not routed to any of the queues.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.