[Question #281061]: Monitoring hosts in a cloud environment

I'm setting up Graphite to monitor hosts/apps in a cloud environment. We want the hostname/ip be part of each metric, but our apps get new hosts/ip's with regular intervals. This makes the Whisper database grow out-of-hand.
How can this be handled?
Is there a way to relate host/ip to a metric without making it part of the metric name?
Is there a recommended alternative to Whisper as storage backend that does not pre-allocate disk in the same way as Whisper?

Thanks / Jonas

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.