Re: [Question #292397]: RSYNC whisper file to new Graphite cluster

Jason Dixon proposed the following answer:
You could theoretically point the stream to a relay and try to have them
buffer in memory "artificially", that is to say, block the relay's
ability to flush to the cache(s) on the new server until they're fully
synced. This is not something I've attempted myself, but is at least
theoretically possible using a network filter.

Personally, I would just configure graphite-web to read from both
servers until some point at where the data on the old server is no
longer operationally relevant, and then decommission the old server.

TL;DR migrating from one Graphite server to another will typically
involve some small amount of data gap.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.