[Question #404596]: collectd sends decimal values to graphite

Hello,

I am sending data from collectd to graphite DB. I can see that my application increments the counter by 1, but collectd sends a value of 0.9999 or sometimes 0.100031 towards graphite ( captured in tcpdump).
As per collectd doc (refer https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Data_source) , if i am using data source as counter, the value should be 0.1  (assuming my application has increased the counter value by 1 in 10 seconds)

Any idea why collectd is not sending value as 0.1 and why it sending 0.9999 ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
-AJ

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.