[Question #628268]: Verifying data sent from relay to cache.

I'm attempting to track down an issue with our Graphite setup and I'm running into a lack of understanding on my part.  So please let me know if I'm wrong about any of the conceptual data flow.

I can restart all services(statsd, carbon-cache, relay, aggregate) and get one or two points of data written to the Whisper DB.

My understanding is that the data flow is:

Statsd -> Relay -> Cache which then writes to the Whisper DB.  I'm a little iffy on what Aggregate does.

At this point I'm attempting to verify data is going from Relay to Cache using tcpdump to listen on port 2013/2014 and I'm not catching anything.  What's the best way to verify data flow and can I post any logs to make this easier to understand?

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.