Re: [Question #628268]: Verifying data sent from relay to cache.

Chris posted a new comment:
After looking into this some more and learning the architecture as well:

I've tried sending data directly from Statsd to Cache on the receiver
and pickle port(not 100% where it should go).

The whisper file is created, but then starts writing None after an
initial metric or two.

I'm struggling to find out why connectivity is in place, but Carbon just
stops writing to the db file.  I'm following the retention listed in the
git example for carbon:

[carbon]
pattern = ^carbon\.
retentions = 60:90d

[default_1min_for_1day]
pattern = .*
retentions = 60s:1d

And my XFILESFACTOR = .1

If anything I feel like writes of 0.00 should be coming through not
Null/None, which leads me to believe something is wrong with
Carbon/Whisper or it's getting hammered too hard to catch up?

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.