Re: [Question #645803]: Holt-Winter forecast time range

Description changed to:
Hi there,

I'm trying to get forecasting data based on history data. But get a bit
confused about the time range of holt-winter forecast functions, even
after I reviewed the source code.

So for example, if the input series is from -5days until -1days, and
then I call the holtWintersForecast, it will give me a series also from
-5days to -1days. I know internally it also used data from one previous
week. But from the code, I think the prediction also based on current
series from -5days to -1days. That means we use the series plus previous
a week's data to predict the series itself? It doesn't make any sense to
predict some data we already know the value!

Please correct me if I'm wrong. If the training data is actually from
one previous week to the start time of the series, and then giving this
output, it would be much reasonable.

Thanks,
Wenna

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.