Re: [Question #662391]: Target WSGI script '/opt/graphite/conf/graphite.wsgi' cannot be loaded as Python module

Denis Zhdanov posted a new comment:
Yes, agreed with Piotr here - maybe 0.9.16 is better to use with CentOS/Rhel now.
And maybe we should amend documentation, mention e.g. EPEL and installation of Development Tools. And agreed with TS - documentation can be better, it's currently not very simple and require some external knowlege, e.g. how to setup and run Django apps.
But yes - documentation is on Github, PRs are very welcoming! If someone want to include any distro specific installation - it's possible, of course.

Anyway, I manage to run graphite-web with fresh CentOS with something
like

```
yum install epel-release
yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'
yum install python-pip httpd mod_wsgi
yum install python-devel cairo-devel libffi-devel

disable SELINUX, reboot

export PYTHONPATH="/opt/graphite/lib/:/opt/graphite/webapp/"
pip install --no-binary=:all: https://github.com/graphite-project/whisper/tarball/master
pip install --no-binary=:all: https://github.com/graphite-project/carbon/tarball/master
pip install --no-binary=:all: https://github.com/graphite-project/graphite-web/tarball/master

chown -R apache:apache /opt/graphite/storage
cp /opt/graphite/webapp/graphite/local_settings.py.example /opt/graphite/webapp/graphite/local_settings.py

copying https://github.com/graphite-project/graphite-
web/blob/master/examples/example-graphite-vhost.conf to
/etc/httpd/conf.d/

PYTHONPATH=/opt/graphite/webapp django-admin.py migrate \
      --noinput --settings=graphite.settings --run-syncdb

PYTHONPATH=/opt/graphite/webapp django-admin.py collect-static \
      --noinput --settings=graphite.settings

service httpd restart
```

So, I think your problem lies somewhere in different versions of
python/wsgi. I saw that before e.g. when wsgi script was running on
python 2.7 and apache wsgi was built against python 2.6

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.