Re: [Question #668399]: Lots of droppedCreates with relatively few metrics

Description changed to:
We are using the graphiteapp/graphite-statsd docker container on an
amazon i3.large instance. We are trying to send about 10k metrics per
minute from a handful of hosts. We noticed we were missing a lot of data
points so I started investigating performance. I wasn't able to find
documentation on carbon's stats but I am seeing about 5k
"droppedCreates" per minute and "committedPoints" of about 150 per
minute. Looking at the code it seems that we are hitting some
performance issues, but its not clear to me what the bottleneck is. I
tried setting MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = inf but that didn't change the
behavior (still getting lots of droppedCreates).

carbon.agents.*.cache.size never goes above 100.
carbon.agents.*.cache.overflow stays at 0.
carbon.agents.*.creates are at about 50 per minute.

I'm seeing barely any CPU or mem usage by the agents or the aggregator.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.