Re: [Question #673131]: Why does ConsistentHashRing cut hashes down to 16 bits?

Denis Zhdanov posted a new comment:
If you talking about initial implementation, i.e. carbon_ch then probably only initial contributor knows, from Orbitz time, probably only Chris Davis himself, and I think it's better to ask him directly - chrismd@xxxxxxxxx
If you talking fnv1a_ch - I only mimic initial implementation from carbon-c-relay - https://github.com/grobian/carbon-c-relay/blob/1f83a273e88a594b068b39eb082ec4af7b8a8c95/consistent-hash.c#L67-L80 - so it's better again to ask its author directly - probably through Github, I do not know his email.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.