[Question #692622]: Changing conf files in Docker Image

Hello,

I was able to download docker and get it set up on CentOS 8, and then run the docker image file at graphiteapp/graphite-statsd . My data is appearing on the graphs, however I want to change the settings in the storage-schemas.conf and the storage-aggregation.conf files.

I tried to git clone the docker github at https://github.com/graphite-project/docker-graphite-statsd  and edit the files in conf/opt/graphite/conf/

I then ran the following command in the directory where the Dockerfile is present:

sudo docker build . -t test:test

It begins to start creating the image, but eventually I run into this error that doesn't allow for the new image to be successfully created:

Executing busybox-1.31.1-r16.trigger
OK: 1039 MiB in 202 packages
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 1840k  100 1840k    0     0  11.5M      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 11.5M
/bin/sh: /tmp/get-pip.py: Permission denied
The command '/bin/sh -c true  && apk add --update       alpine-sdk       git       pkgconfig       wget       go       cairo-dev       libffi-dev       openldap-dev       python3-dev       rrdtool-dev       jansson-dev       librdkafka-dev       mysql-dev       postgresql-dev  && curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o /tmp/get-pip.py  && $python_binary /tmp/get-pip.py && rm /tmp/get-pip.py  && pip install virtualenv==16.7.10  && virtualenv -p $python_binary /opt/graphite  && . /opt/graphite/bin/activate  && pip install       cairocffi==1.1.0       django==2.2.13       django-statsd-mozilla       fadvise       gunicorn==20.0.4       eventlet>=0.24.1       gevent>=1.4       msgpack==0.6.2       redis       rrdtool       python-ldap       mysqlclient       psycopg2       django-cockroachdb==2.2.*' returned a non-zero code: 126

I did not change any file names or file content of anything aside from the contents of storage-schemas.conf and storage-aggregation.conf, so I would expect the Dockerfile to be able to successfully create a new image that I could then run a container in Docker on with no problems.

Am I missing something? Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.