Re: Refactorisation finished !

Le dimanche 28 février 2010 à 14:26 -0800, Bryce Harrington a écrit :
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 05:46:16PM +0100, Lionel Dricot wrote:
> > As soon as 0.2.2 is released, I believe that we should merge the
> > refactorisation (and freeze the daily-build PPA) with, of course, a big
> > warning to the community. This will allow faster testing and bug
> > solving.
>
> Is there an ETA or roadmap on 0.2.2?  (I'm excited to see 0.3 around the
> corner, so curious what's left before we can call 0.2.2 done.)

Luca is the release manager for 0.2.2. It contains mainly bugfixes by
Luca and contributors. It is targeted for tomorrow and the main goals
are to release the 50 bugfixes before breaking everything with the
refactorisation.

That's teamwork : Luca fixes bug, I try to break stuffs as much as
possible. ;-)

> > As soon as this branch is merged, I will start working on multi-backends
> > support. I find that the preferences GUI is a real nice place that only
> > needs to be filled :-) (Kudo to Paul, I think it's his work)
> >
> > Any help on building the GUI would be highly appreciated so I can
> > concentrate on the engine
>
> Can you outline what work is needed for the preferences GUI for
> multi-backends?  I could lend a hand here as I have time.

The discussion takes place here :
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/336623

Personally, I'm seeing something like Empathy accounts manager (I like
consistency through applications). The work that's needed is only Glade
work and eventually the code that's needed to glue the interface. It
should go with the preferences code and glade file ( see also
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/529528 )

What will be a little trickier (but not rocket science) will be that
each backend should be able to define the fields it needs in its
configuration interface : login, URL, password, …  Backends have a
"get_parameters" for that reason.

Then, there should be a field to list the tags associated with that
backend and a way to set a backend as default.

Finally, there should a way to see if a backend is
read-write/read-only/import-only.

Maybe it's time to heat up the discussion :-)

Paul proposed an alternative solution to that "classic" way:

Lionel