Testing regression, merging branch…

Hi people,

The refactorisation work and the backends have finally landed in trunk.
The work is still not yet stabilized so I still don't advise anybody to use
it with real data (or make a backup) but it would be very helpful if you
could find regressions. Also, it might happens that some bug marked as "Fix
Committed" are not fixed anymore so don't hesitate to reopen bugs if you
feel it's needed.

Currently, Trunk will have performance and stability problem with large
data set (such as -s bryce). Stability should be mostly resolved soon
(thanks Luca) and we will now investigate performances. Anyway, any
reproducible crashes or python trace is warmly welcomed !

Cheers,

Lionel