Some work around GTG

Hiya all,

It seems I woke up with extreme-gtg-motivation force today as I -at last!-
managed to spend some hours in the code.

So here's a short to sum up what I've done, and possibly start some
discussion about it.

1) I published a branch proposing a new way to display tags in the task list

The branch is here.

https://code.launchpad.net/~bertrand-rousseau/gtg/new-tag-label-in-taskviews/+merge/74364

Some discussions already started on the code. I'm of course totally open to
comments and suggestions. I can make some additional iterations on the
proposition, so that we can converge on something.

2) I published another that proposed another look for the "closed task pane"

Mostly, it displays a fancy tab label with an icon and a label. That
provides fanciness to the browser, and a clearer meaning for the content of
the bottom pane. Moreover, it goes further the way towards having several
bottom panels.

The code is there. Pull, test, enjoy, comment, criticize, argue.

lp:~bertrand-rousseau/gtg/test-add-tab-label-to-accessory-pane<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Ebertrand-rousseau/gtg/test-add-tab-label-to-accessory-pane>

3) I experimented with GtkInfoBars in the taskview

The following branch add an GtkInfoBar in the taskview when the browser is
in WorkView mode. IMHO, this approach provides a clearer information about
what task are displayed in the list. Maybe it can be also used for the
future search feature.

Attention, attention: this is just an experiment. Please test and comment in
the following bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/844963

lp:~bertrand-rousseau/gtg/test-add-infobar-in-taskview<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Ebertrand-rousseau/gtg/test-add-infobar-in-taskview>

4) I proposed a patch for bug 826693

This is a fix for bug #826693 <https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/826693>:
regression: white space at the left of the tag sidebar

This patch restore the automatic removal of the expander column in
treeviews, which allows to avoid wasting horizontal space when a list of
tag/task with no child is displayed.
Merge proposal:
https://code.launchpad.net/~bertrand-rousseau/gtg/bug-826693/+merge/74638

https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/826693

Please review.

5) I created a branch with a new tag editor (work in progress!)

I started about one year ago some work on a new tag editor allowing to
select either a color or an icon for a tag. The selctor would allow to pick
a color in a palette, or to pick a custom color.

Right now this work is in a really early stage, and not completely
functional. For instance there is not way to pick a custom color yet.
Moreover, the UI is absolutely awful. However that a start. If you're
curious, you can take a look, I'm of course open to comment and remarks!

The branch is here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~bertrand-rousseau/gtg/dev-new-tag-editor

Okay, that's about it!

See you all,