Re: Nitro ToDo app

Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 22:05:39 +0200
From: izidor.matusov@xxxxxxxxx
To: gtg-contributors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ricardo@xxxxxxxxxx; radina.matic@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Gtg-contributors] Nitro ToDo app

Hi,

I've read an article [1] about Nitro. I was interested by what we could
do better and looking for inspiration. (Yes, I know, we have many things
in pipeline but I was interested)

I've created an script for quick converting/importing your tasks into
'Nitro', see the attachment. (Having empty ToDO list and real ToDO list
is really different)
So now do we have a backend for Nitro as well? (Thanks to Izidor :)

What I miss in GTG and it is in Nitro:
   * drag and drop to organize tasks (there are many bugs opened for that)
   * search as you type (GTG performance should be okay for that, I will
implement it with the new design of GTGI suppose we are going to implement these features in the new UI. I even presented the GNOME like search bar in my GTG concept UI, which will search anything, as you type.

What do you say?

I really like their homepage: http://nitrotasks.com/
   * big screenshot (people including me love screenshots)
   * every important feature with description and small screenshot
   * installation "guideline"
   * links to blog and donate (flattr)
 The website does look attractive because of its full width and typography. These kind of templates are easily available (eg. Twitter bootstrap, tumblr). So it won't be difficult to have it for GTG as well.
Ricardo & Radina: what do you say? Would you like to build something
similar for GTG?

Izidor

1:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/task-management-app-nitrotasks-debuts-on-ubuntu/