Re: Regarding the UI design

First of all, I hope that the underlying logic of recurring tasks is well
defined such that anyone could expand on the options, we provide, as plugins.
I would also suggest that the UI should never dictate the underlying logic.
That said, I reviewed the UI of recurring tasks
branch<https://github.com/sagarghuge/recurringtask>,
as requested, and found the following issues:

   1. Recurring task doesn't make sense if no "Starts on" or "Due on" date
   is provide for the base occurrence itself, so a task should recur only when
   its "Starts on" or "Due on" date is set.
   2. This would eliminate recurring task button (the one with refresh
   icon) on the Task Editor toolbar, as the recurrence drop down menu with
   default option as "One-time task" should be displayed whenever user sets
   "Starts on" or "Due on" date.
   3. Moreover in "Monthly" recurrence, the day of the week, on which the
   task recurs, can also be determined by the "Starts on" or "Due on" date.

Thus, if we use "Starts on" or "Due on" date to decide recurrence options
intuitively, then the UI could be simplified. This means that we need to
constraint "End on" date according to "Starts on" or "Due on" date rather
than the other way around as stated in your recent blog
post<https://sagarghuge.wordpress.com/2014/05/07/ui-design-for-adding-recurring-task/>
.

Parth Panchal
prthp.wordpress.com