gtg-gsoc team mailing list archive

dbus server

Hello folks, Happy first week!

I put my branch on launchpad,
lp:~karlo-jez/gtg/gtgonline<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Ekarlo-jez/gtg/gtgonline>

I've been wondering about that fake dbus server Lionel mentioned last week.
I did make a simple server that returns constants, but it's too static for
testing anything. :)
Because of that I think I should just use regular gtg's dbus interface for
now.
The only thing I can't test with it is multiple users, but that can wait
until later, because I'm still not sure how we will handle that.

Well, now onto multiple users. :)
The most painless way I think it could be handled is to change the dbus api
to require a 'username' parameter.
Desktop GTG is started by the same user that uses it, so the interface would
send a real username (or leave it blank, I guess), and that would return all
the backends.
GTG online is started by one user, but others will use it. Web interface
would send a logged in user's name and the dbus server would return only the
backends pertaining to that user.

What do you think?

Follow ups