gtg-gsoc team mailing list archive

GTG - multiple backends week #11 (Luca Invernizzi)

Hello developers,
 Here's my weekly report for week #11 (also on [blogpost], with
 pictures, and on my [portfolio]).
 """
Hello planet!
I’m back from GUADEC. It was my first conference about open source and it was
great.
I’ve found particularly inspiring the talk by Guillaume Desmottes about
Telepathy and Epiphany, which can be great to extend GTG possibilities in
collaboration.
The talk by Jake Edge about promoting free software projects was also very
interesting, in particular for the young Lightspark project (that went
completely unnoticed for a few months before showing up on planet GNOME).

Thanks to the exciting talks and people at GUADEC,   the GTG team (even the
people who were not there!) has been working fervently on a nice rewrite of
some parts of GTG core, along with a lot of unit-tests. Hope fully, a lot of
bugs will be closed thanks to this, and GTG will be nicer to code.

As for my Google Summer of Code on Getting Things Gnome support for
multiple backends, this week has seen:

 - a port of my Evolution plugin as a backend (that was the last one planned)
 - refactoring of the Twitter plugin to authorize through Oauth (using  the
    tweepy library, thanks Tante for the hint)
 - docs, docs, docs
Next week, I’ll keep documenting and testing. I should also write a guide
on how to write newback ends. See you next week!
 """
 [portfolio] http://live.gnome.org/gtg/soc2010_invernizzi_portfolio
 [blogpost] http://allievi.sssup.it/techblog/?p=542
 [bzr branch] lp:~gtg-user/gtg/multi-backends__invernizzi_gsoc gtg-invernizzi