gtg-gsoc team mailing list archive

GSOC Weekly report 5 and 6, GTG - Add the ability to search for tasks in Getting Things Gnome

Hello,

The last 2 weeks i had to redo and think over some of my ideas to
the implementation of the search engine. After talking with a fellow GSOC
student, we found that to best merge our works in the end of summer, i had
to base my searches in the filter functionality of the task tree. I spent
some time getting to know and testing filters and the whole tree
architecture, added some functionalities to the requester. On the interface
side i pretty much finished all but the options and preferences part.

My work was a bit late but after this last 2 weeks i'm more happy with my
progress.

Next week i'll start adding filters on conformance with the search syntax to
the tree and start combining them. If i have some time i'll also start
testing with dbus. I'll post some pictures and update my blog.