Regarding feature requests and bugs

Hello,

Bertrand and I are quite astonished by your enthousiasm and the incredible
amount of feature request.

Thanks for that, we are *always* interested in hearing about you and your
experience.

As you might understand, we cannot fit in every user workflow. And we have
lot of feature request, it's just like a giant flood of ideas :-)

In order to keep our bug tracker sane, here's a some rules we follow :

1) A bug marked as new is a place for discussion about wheter this bug is
valid or not. For feature request, anybody is welcome to comment on them,
to add proposed mockups, ...
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/gtg/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
Your job there is to convince the developers that it would be the most
useful feature of the universe and that with this feature the user
interface will be even easier and more intuitive than before. (We pay a
lot of attention to our user interface)

2) A bug marked as confirmed is.. well, you guess it, confirmed. For
feature requests, it means that both Bertrand and I agreed that it should
be in a future GTG release. You are welcome to comment on this bug if you
have ideas on how to achieve this specific feature (mockup of the UI,
ideas)
The job of commenter is to try to reply to question in this specific bug.
If the bug is already assigned, it probably means that the developer has a
clear idea on how to do that so just let the bug that way (except if you
want to help with code)

3) We will mark as "Wishlist" and "Won't fix" feature request that look
really too far away from our objectives or from gtg philosophy or that are
not even remotely possible in the near future.
It doesn't mean that it's not a good idea ! (well, it might but I
currently have no example). It means that it would requires to change too
much to the GTG philosophy or that it would be perfect for a plugin when
GTG would have a plugin system.
You can easily look for them by searching "Wishlist" and "Won't fix" :
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/gtg/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&field.importance%3Alist=WISHLIST&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field.tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY

Feel free to review them whenever you want and even to continue the
discussion. If you think that the situation has changed, for whatever
reason, then just reopen the bug as "New" so it goes into our radar once
more.

Last but not least, if we close your idea as Won't fix, don't take it bad.
We cannot agree on all and it probably means that your idea is, according
to our vision of GTG, too specific for your specific usecase. If really
you believed that we missed the whole point, just post on this list or
come on IRC to discuss about it. But, in general, the best way to convince
a free software developer is to come with a patch ;-)

Thanks for your interest in our project and we hope that it will helps you
to just get things done :-)

Lionel