Re: [Weekly report] Week 5: Add Geolocalized tasks (geoclue, libchamplain) in Getting Things Gnome

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 00:22 +0100, Paulo Cabido wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I completed the weeks objectives.
> Finished the GUI to enable/disable plugins, added some other methods to
> the API and worked on the Tag extension.
>
> Next week I'll start creating the plugin and I will add GConf to the
> plugin engine, so that it memorizes some options like the plugins that
> are enabled by the user.
>
> The plugin engine is a work in progress, it works but as I'll be
> creating the plugin I'll be testing it and some changes can be made.
>
> After tomorrow I'll have my last exam and then I'll be able to dedicate
> myself 100% to SoC. It's been a real challenge to do both things at the
> same time.

I hope you're going to do some work on Geoclue itself, because in its
current state, it's not usable for other apps. And I don't see the point
in creating a new feature that won't work on people's machines because
of the inadequacies of something in your dependency chain.

Cheers