Re: Unpredictable behaviour from simple script

> This makes some degree of sense. However, I feel very strongly that
> this level of threading decision should be made by the GUI layer. It
> has no bearing on, say, import scripts

Backends should be threaded. We will soon (I hope) have multiple backends
support and some backend might be very slow (think network).

That's why backend are threaded and that's why you have that bug (because
I agree that it's a bug. You are welcome to report it :-) )

>> The problem I see is that the "every task is loaded" has no sense with
>> some backend. A connected backend, for example, could only say : those
>> were the task at time XX (but maybe tasks were added since that).
>>
>> This is not a problem for the taskbrowser because we use the requester
>> asynchronously. So any suggestion on how to improve this situation is
>> welcome.
>>

> My suggestions, briefly, are:
>   * to distinguish between 'push' and 'pull' backends
>   * to make the requester more event-driven. i.e. give it methods like
> 'got_task' that take a task as a parameter
>   * only use threads at the top level of the code, if at all.

As I said, I strongly disagree with bullet 3 (as far as I understand it
correctly). I do not understand bullet 1 and 2. Can you explain them a bit
more ? It sounds interesting but I don't see what I would really
implement.

Lionel