Rise of the plugins

Hello everyone,

Today is a big day for GTG as it saw the landing of the plugin engine done
by Paulo Cabido, our SoC student.

It means that you can start right now to write your own plugin for GTG.

Kevin Mehall didn't wait for us and already submitted a hamster plugin
which integrates with the hamster-applet time-tracker. This plugin will
only work with hamster 2.27 so I wasn't able to test it. Please report
bugs and assign them to Kevin.

A new question then appeared : what will we do with plugin authors ? We
want to help author to easily maintain their plugins, we want to
centralize ressources (bug tracker, release management) but we realize
that we cannot just give full dev access to every plugin author. We also
foresee that plugins will sometimes very specific.

So, how do you propose that we handle this situation ? What are other
projects doing ?

We are curious to hear your reactions,

Lionel

Follow ups