My GTG 2cent tweaks

Hi GTG users,

I'm definitely a GTG fan and I would like to share with you the tweaks I
use to interact with GTG. I just would like to mention first that I'm a
newbie in Python programming (but a quite experienced script kidder;))

*Level 1: change the gtg_new_task CLI*
  I loved a lot the CLI of Task (from todo.sh) so I have rewritten the
tg_new_task in order to take in arguments the subject and the text of
the brand new task and create it with the fantastic GTG DBUS interface
"new_task()".
(TODO: handle and parse the dates and tags). Hence with a single command
line, I can create the skeleton of a task.

*Level 2: Email gateway"
 It is an interesting but very complex feature in Chandler: I would like
to create a task with sending a message to a specific Inbox or with
specific Subject prefix keyword.

To do that with Thunderbird, I have created a Message Filter that move
the corresponding message to a specific folder. Then I use the "mailbox
alert" TB extension to execute a command line upon new message
arrival... and in fact I use the above GTG CLI to create a new task with
the message subject as task title ;)

Using these techniques (well.. quite harebrained I have to admit), I can
create tasks on my smartphone (sending emails) when I'm out of my
office. When I'm back, TB filters the new messages and creates the
correspondings tasks.
TODO: with a better CLI parser, I could also specify due dates and tags
parsing the email subject...

If you are interested, I can send you the new gtg_new_task but the
modifications are trivial...

By the way, I also use the HTML export to get my task list on my iphone
(via a webserver) but the process is not great. I would love to update
the Export plugin to periodically export the task list to a TXT or HTML
file...

-
Dav
begin:vcard
fn:David Coeurjolly
n:Coeurjolly;David
org;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A9 Lyon 1 - Universit=C3=A9 de Lyon;Laboratoire LIRIS-UMR 5205
adr;quoted-printable:43 boulevard du 11 novembre 1918;;B=C3=A2timent Nautibus;Villeurbanne;;F-69622;France
email;internet:david.coeurjolly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title;quoted-printable:Charg=C3=A9 de recherche CNRS
tel;work:+33 4 72 44 82 40
tel;fax:+33 4 72 43 15 36
url:http://liris.cnrs.fr/david.coeurjolly
version:2.1