Re: My GTD-style setup for GTG + KDE

Paul Natsuo Kishimoto wrote:
>   Most applications which support iCalendar have some support for its
> concept of recurrence, which is ONE event that occurs repeatedly. To
> mirror this concept in GTG would require some sort of container object
> that contains multiple tasks, or tasks that don't actually get marked
> 'Done'. IMO, that would be awkward and perhaps not a 1:1 match to any
> actual GTD concept.
>
>   Bryce's approach suggests a different model: automating the 'replan'.
> Tasks marked as recurring (or having a tag marking them as recurring)
> are actually marked 'Done', but a new, duplicate task is automatically
> created with dates advanced by a specific interval.
>
>   For Elias' situation, where there is a *set* of hierarchical tasks, a
> cron-like regular import from a specific file might be helpful.
I also have a set of recurrent tasks, however my case is a bit more complex:

1. The tasks are not regularly recurrent: I might have an event
(consisting of ~50 tasks) once a month, but sometimes it is once a week.

2. The relations between tasks are a DAG, not a tree:
http://files.exroot.org/dump/tasks.png (I import them using a custom
script). This is a set of tasks needed to organize a free lecture on my
university.

What I would like to see is to have a template of task set inside GTG,
which could be cloned preserving all the relations between tasks. I
guess that this would also cover your usecases.

I would write a plugin for cloning tasks, but now with 0.3 unstable and
0.2 plugin API abandoned, I am waiting for 0.3.

Tomasz Melcer