Re: Synchronising with RTM deletes task list

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 8:48 PM, MoLE <moleonthehill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been using GTG along with the RTM backend to centralise and store
> tasks "in the cloud".
>
> This week, I've noticed that on two separate computers (one Ubuntu
> natty, one Ubuntu lucid), using the latest PPA version, that when
> synchronising tasks, GTG will delete the tasks from the local store
> while still uploading new tasks to the RTM site.
>
> Is this a glitch or configuration issue?  Or something going on (ie:
> bug) with the RTM backend?

It seems some change in RTM has this side effect in GTG.
Unfortunately, they don't inform us when they are about to make modifications.
Backing up GTG tasks is explained here [0].
I will upload a version of GTG with the plugin disabled to the ppa, at
least until I have time to look into it.
The next version of GTG will ship a much hardened RTM backend, so
hopefully this event will not be repeated.

Ciao,
  Luca

[0] http://gtg.fritalk.com/post/2010/02/03/GTG-tips-and-tricks2