Re: Error after modifying codebase

That would happen when the code you've modified has set a
garbage/unidentifiable value in either one of the .conf files
(~/.config/gtg) or a data file (~/.local/share/gtg).

In such case, the new code you download will read the false values and give
the same error.
Try running GTG via ./scripts/debug.sh, it should not give an error.

To solve your problem, check your code for the changes you made, and revert
the result of those changes in the conf/data files
(If nothing works, delete your .conf/data files and restore your backup)