Re: Have you test emacs Org mode ?

Hello Lionel,

A too long post, sorry.

As you don't use Emacs, this screencast maybe helpful if you have a bit
of time to watch it : http://orgmode.org/GoogleTech.html

This paper may be of some interest too ( mainly about GTD ):
( http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/Natural_Project_Planning.html#sec-1 )

A try to sum up the "workflows" of the two softwares :

Emacs, Sum up "Natural Project Planning with Org Mode" :
 - write down ideas and motivations, tag the outlines
 - write brainstorming results,
 - classify the ideas,
 - list main tasks,
 - list auxiliairy tasks,
 - edit major tasks as TODO, minor ones as a checklist ( with
   checkboxes ),
 - put deadlines on TODOs,
 - at any step, view the .org file as a TODO list,
 - at any step, view Emacs Calendar and see the planned tasks.

GTG's approach - for what I saw - (please tell if I'm right or wrong ) :
 - add a task in the main window, tag it
 - edit the task to add content
   - ( new window )
   - write down down ideas and motivations
   - write brainstorming results,
   - classify the ideas*
   - create subtasks ( nb: I couldn't transform an idea to a subtask )
   - edit the subtask
     - ( new window )
     - [ recursive iteration ]

I noticed these key points that may be discussed :
 1 - One, or eventually 2 windows is better to keep focused
 2 - A better text editor may be extremely valuable
 3 - Real-Time changes on both windows ( adding a task in the task list
 should add a line in the task-editing window )
 4 - Sub tasks comments should appear outlined and editable in the
 parent task-editing window )
 5 - Update Evolution's calendar with the dates of the tasks
 ( start / deadline )

These are 'Policy' considerations, I know that this list reprensents a
huge amount of work. However, no changes in the UI are required. I
would be pleased if you'd give me your opinion about it.

One more time : those two projects are quite close, and GTG looks
really promising ; that's why I am boring you :D

Thanks for your time,
Guillaume.