GTG 0.2.1 release planning

Hi everyone,

As you may know, there will be a 0.2.1 release soon to provide bug
fixes and some new functionalities. It appears there are already 35
bug fixes commited for 0.2.1, so congrats for the work guys, that's an
amazing amount of work in such a small time span!

I made a quick check this morning in our bug database, and moved a few
more bugs to this release. So, all in all, we should consider fixing
these bugs for 0.2.1 (cf. https://launchpad.net/gtg/+milestone/0.2.1
for their in-depth description):

 - tag rename hangs
 - Convert hello world plugin .glade to gtkbuilder
 - No hint of keyboard binding for "Delete"
 - Drag and dropping tasks open in the taskeditor on to tags has
inconsistent results
 - Right-clicking on a tag shouldn't switch view
 - adding subtask before text turns text in subtask
 - <insert additional bug here>

Here is the planning I suggest:

 - 0.2.1 will be released in two weeks: 24th of january (sunday)
 - let's give us until 11:00PM GMT this sunday to move bugs
back-and-forth in 0.2.1 milestone
 - next sunday (17/01), we freeze the trunk. After that, merge
requests related to something else than packaging/versioning/trivial
changes will requires approval from 2 developers (same as for 0.2).
New translations will be included and frozen this day as well.
 - the same day (17/01), we post a release of GTG 0.2.1-rc1 on the
launchpad project page, to help for testing.
 - if you have a branch and want some work to be included in 0.2.1,
update it and submit a merge request. Accepted merge requests will be
included in trunk next sunday.

That's giving us a whole week to crash-test gtg 0.2.1 and see if it is
fit for release on the 24th of january, if there are major problems,
we'll postpone it.

So, to sum up, here's what to do:

 - check bugs to see if they should be fixed for 0.2.1 before today 11:00PM GMT
 - provide fixes before next sunday
 - check your branch and submit merge requests before next sunday
 - update translations before next sunday

If all this is ok for you, I'll send a mail tonight to the gtg-user
mailing-list to tell contributors about this planning.

Have nice sunday!

--
Bertrand Rousseau

Follow ups