Re: [Question #197755]: Consistency between start and due dates

Question #197755 on Getting Things GNOME! changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gtg/+question/197755

Izidor Matušov proposed the following answer:
I also think that current state of start_date vs due_date is
inconsistent. For the dropdown menu there is already a reported bug
#826916 and the sollution is in progress.

GTG 0.2.4's behavior is wrong. We would like to add further features for
planning in GTG and it request an assertion that due_date > start_date
or due_date is set to no date. What to do when a user violates that? We
could do several things:

1, Show a popup window to user and tell him that it was wrong, ala MS Windows => we don't want to do that because GTG shouldn't bully user for not changing due_date first
2, Set due_date to start_date
3, Postpone due_date by the difference of start_date. This is not so common use case and would result in modifying due_date too often. (e.g. I would like to start working on that task tomorrow but I can't postpone due_date)

Therefore we should go with the option #2.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gtg
developers, which is an answer contact for Getting Things GNOME!.