Re: [Question #197755]: Consistency between start and due dates

Question #197755 on Getting Things GNOME! changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gtg/+question/197755

Antonio Roquentin is still having a problem:
Thanks, great to know you are working on this. Let me just elaborate a
little bit. To be precise (and maybe pedantic sorry), I see multiple use
cases: the user may set

1. due_date < start_date (i) on purpose or (ii) accidentally
2. start_date > due_date (i) on purpose or (ii) accidentally

To minimize the occurrence of 1.ii and 2.ii GTG might indicate which
dates are incompatible with the current value of either due_date or
start_date, depending on the chosen menu. An elegant way may be to grey
out these incombatible dates in the calendars (very much like when you
are selecting the dates for a trip). I don't know how difficult it is to
implement this, maybe it's not worth.

For 1.i and 2.ii, I think it would be nice to provide a reasonable new
value for the other date. If I had already defined both start and due
date, it means I had already estimated the amount of time needed by this
task and it would make sense to repropose this time span as the time
difference between the two new dates. Actually I don't see a reasonable
use case for 2.i: it may mean I am trying to postpone a task, but to
achieve that I will most probably redefine the due date first.

I am not sure I understand your option #3. But the simple option #2 will
probably be fine.

Anyway, since you are working on this it probably doesn't make sense to
open a bug, right. Or does it?

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gtg
developers, which is an answer contact for Getting Things GNOME!.

Follow ups