gufw-developers team mailing list archive

[Question #63193]: firewall set up

New question #63193 on Gufw:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gui-ufw/+question/63193

i have recently migrated to linux mint from windows xp. As far as computers are concerned i am not much technically sound. I noted that firewall was disabled in linux mint that i had just installed. i would be grateful if someone helps me out :
-i have installed linux mint on my laptop, which i use for routine purposes like surfing, shoping, bank accounts, billing music, movies etc
now is there a need to enable firewall that is pre installed in linux mint ?
if yes,  then what am i suppose to do next.... ???? i mean in windows xp it was just clicking on the recommended settings...but here i cant figure it out...
-is there a need for any antivirus software, just like what i had in windows xp ?
(i am sure that linux is not only ment for computer experts, but people like us too !!!)
its a pleasure using linux mint...i hope and wish that more and more ordinary people(tech. illiterate)  start using linux...
thanks
niraj

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gufw
Developers, which is an answer contact for Gufw.