gufw-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #48527]: i've uninstalled gufw, however each time it boots up in ubuntu it asks for administrative password for configuring /usr/share/applications/gufw.desktop . How can this be stopped?

Question #48527 on Gufw changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gui-ufw/+question/48527

Andy Patmore requested for more information:
I tried GUFW in xubuntu (8.10) on my eeePC but decided to uninstall. I
had a similar problem to the one above but was able to delete the
.desktop file and this got rid of the login annoyance. However, I have a
further problem. My desktop settings (window decorations, etc) seem to
have become altered. Unfortunately, I an unable to fix these as when I
click on the Windows Manager under Settings Manager I get the error
message "These settings cannot work with your current window manager
(unknown)"

As this is the only application I have installed recently, I can only
assume it has caused this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Andy

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gufw
Developers, which is an answer contact for Gufw.