gufw-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Gufw 9.04.0 Alpha

Hi!

> The new release is kind of bad in terms of the interface, sorry :(
Don't worry ;) Thanks for your sincerity!

> This is how the window opened at first. Way too tiny.
I find this effect. If you think the future use, a normal user only
will add a rule for Transmission, or a specific service. If I make a
big GUI (as the old GUI), it will be not nice, because it has little
components in the main GUI.
I find a little & more simple main GUI :O

We poll this layout :P https://launchpad.net/~gufw-developers/+poll/betterlayout

> 'Set level' should go under 'enable ufw logging', and it should be indented a bit.
Certain! ;)

> All widgets should have a minimum 6px space between them, plus, there is extra space on the right - why not lay it out so it takes up all the space and looks nicer?
The old GUI is equal :O
I think that 6px. is more :O Is a GNOME rule?

> Also, the buttons should be Close | Add, not Add [      ] Close.
Which is the normal action? Add 1 rule + Close add windows?
I have a problem with this: "Add [      ] Close", if I put:
"Close | Add" or
"Add | Close"
Appear more space in the right of Simple Tab and Preconfigured Tab.
Advanced Tab is more width.

> Trying to add a rule again gave me an "error performing operation". Not too user friendly, just say "this rule is already added" :)
It's complicate know the error, I only can know if all was fine or not
by the ufw answer.

> Accepts letters where only numbers should go, yes?
Numbers and '.' and ':'! :P I will search a glade property for this ;) Any idea?

Thanks very much Vadim!!