gufw-developers team mailing list archive

[Question #72444]: (G)UFW and Windows Network file/printer sharing

New question #72444 on Gufw:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gui-ufw/+question/72444

Hi!

I have been using Ubuntu for a while now and am fairly adapted to it, however, while trying to figure out how to configure GUFW I found myself staring blankly at it. here is my problem.

I want to use (G)UFW but I also want to be able to use file/print sharing services on my network. I attempted to add:

'192.168.0.0/16' to allow all on the very first tab but this did not work, I receive 'unable to mount' errors while attempting to open the network in Nautilus

from '192.168.1.0' to '192.168.1.255' in the third tab but alas, this did not work either.

my router assigns different addresses to the different interfaces when they renew so I need to unblock the entire range (192.168.1.0-255) and am unsure what ports to unblock. I did a google search but that failed to produce results.

perhaps in a future release you could include 'Samba' or 'file/print sharing' in the 'services' drop-down :D

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gufw
Developers, which is an answer contact for Gufw.