gufw-developers team mailing list archive

[Question #98742]: ShieldsUP fails on the "ping".

New question #98742 on Gufw:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gui-ufw/+question/98742

With gufw enabled and the setting "By Default" on "Deny" or "Reject", I run the ShieldsUP test, everything except the "Ping Reply" passes, so the result is always "FAILED".

How do I solve this?

To test your security, visit: https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
Click "Proceed" then click "All Service Ports", wait a minute or two for the test to fully complete and make sure it says "PASSED".

I'm not an expert, but I've been told that *every* computer connected to the Internet must pass the ShieldsUP test.  Why does mine keep saying "FAILED" and it's only on the "Ping Reply" bit?

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gufw
Developers, which is an answer contact for Gufw.